Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Friday, March 23, 2012

Fried Chicken Nuggets

Low Carb Atkins Fried Chicken Nuggets
I've made this chicken nugget recipe twice and have yet to manage to get them to look as pretty and crispy looking as Sugar Free Shiela does.  They still taste pretty good so hey...what's looks got to do with it when the taste is good?  This time I tweaked the recipe a bit based on my thoughts from last time.  If you want to try the original, then you can get it from Sugar Free Shiela as the recipe listed below includes my tweaks.  I still just got a generic "it's good" from the whole family so I will probably move on from this recipe next time I decide to make nuggets.  Don't get me wrong as there's nothing wrong with it, I just didn't think the nuggets were amazing. *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

3 STARS
4 servings
1-2 net carbs per serving

2-3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
3 eggs, whisked
3/4 cup parmesan cheese (the kind in the green can)
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup canola oil


Immerse chicken chunks in egg mixture, transfer to ziploc filled with parmesan, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper, coating well. Move to pan with preheated oil to medium-high. Move them around every few minutes so chicken is cooked evenly. Chicken is done once golden brown & stark white inside. 




1 comment:

  1. I love poached fish or chicken, but I seem to do something wrong. I think I should have been starting with cold water instead of simmering. I am going to try your technique. And the leek sounds like a good idea also. �� Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

    ReplyDelete