Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lime and Garlic Asparagus

Lime and Garlic Asparagus
I generally make my asparagus this way except I use lemon.  The lime adds a nice crisp flavor and I think I might actually like it better.  My Hubs thought it was good too.  It's simple and easy to make, especially if you start off by slightly steaming before pan frying. *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
4 servings
5 net carbs per serving

1 TBSP butter
1 TBSP olive oil
1 minced clove of garlic
1 green onion, chopped
1 bunch of asparagus spears
salt & pepper
1/2 lime


If using large asparagus spears, start the cooking process by slightly steaming in microwave.  Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add garlic and green onion.  Cook for approximately one minute.  Add asparagus, salt and pepper.  Cook until crisp tender, time will vary depending on thickness of asparagus.  Squeeze lime over asparagus just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment