Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Wings

Parmesan Crusted Wings
Man oh man these were good!  My entire carb-etarian family was in agreement that this is their favorite meal now.  My boy asked me to make extra next time so he could take them to school for lunch.  The Hubs kept stopping to tell me how amazing they were or make random comments about how they are so good.  Long story short, these are really good and you should make them!  I pulled this recipe from the book: Carpender, Dana (2010-03-01). 1001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle but she called hers Wicked Wings. *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

5 STARS
5 servings (carbs are so little that really you can eat as much as you want)
trace carbs - maybe half a carb per serving

4 pounds chicken wings 
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
2 tablespoons dried parsley 
1 tablespoon dried oregano 
2 teaspoons paprika 
1 teaspoon salt 
½ teaspoon pepper 
½ cup butter 


Preheat the oven to 350°F.  Line a shallow baking pan with foil. (Do not omit this step, or you’ll still be scrubbing the pan a week later.) Cut the wings into “drummettes,” saving the pointy tips. (Not sure what to do with those wing tips? Freeze them for soup—they make great broth.) Combine the Parmesan cheese and the parsley, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan. Dip each drumstick in butter, roll in the cheese and seasoning mixture, and arrange in the foil-lined pan. Bake for 1 hour—and then kick yourself for not having made a double recipe!                 



9 comments:

  1. Well with the review you got I think I better try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to double the coating? Not enough for my 3 lb bag of wings. They are cooking now and smell amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...maybe your cup was fluffier than mine? I followed the original recipe and thought it was enough but nothing wrong with more crunchy coating goodness!

      Delete
  3. Can you use breasts for this recipe? Have you tried?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! I haven't tried but I think it sounds fabulous. Boneless, skinless breasts at 425 for 25 or so minutes. Let me know what you think if you try!

      Delete
  4. I used hand grated fresh cheese. mabey that was the diffrence. either way I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the third sunday in a row i have made these wings. i did some tweaking as follows. i used fresh FINELY grated parm. i made a rub out of all the ingredients EXCEPT the cheese. then roll the wing in butter and rub the parsley/oregano mixture on the wing and then i top with the parm and spread it on the wing. you use way less parm it helps in the waste factor. then i also put under broiler for a minute to really give an extra crisp. they ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try your way next time as the original way uses so much parm!

      Delete
  6. I used 2lbs of wings and the ingredients just covered them. Do you pack your cup full or just pour the loose shredded Parmesan in?

    ReplyDelete