Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pork Chops with Onion Mushroom Sauce

Pork Chips with Onion Mushroom Sauce
This was GOOD!  I mean, lick the plate kind of good.  Ok, maybe not lick the plate as the sauce is salty when eaten alone but you get the idea.  This recipes from allrecipes.com is very simple and basic but tastes like it took much more time.  My carb-etarian family loved it, with the Hubs making several comments about having to make this one again.  He's generally more of an "it's good" with nothing else said kind of guy so he must have really enjoyed.  Even my Boy liked it (well after he picked off the mushrooms) and didn't complain about having to eat it, which is unusual since he's picky about some foods.  The sauce was salty because of the Onion Soup mix so I highly suggest not adding any additional.  I served this with rice to sop up the sauce for my carb-etarians but you can serve with low carb pasta, cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles or just as is (I had mine with green beans as you can see in the photo).  Also, the sauce is a little thin so if you prefer a thicker sauce you can use a little Guar or Xanthum.  I thought it was good just the way it was though.

5 STARS
6 servings
5 net carbs per serving

3 TBSP Canola Oil (or whatever oil you prefer)
6 boneless pork chops
1 package dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup white cooking wine
6-7 white mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 TBSP garlic powder
black pepper to taste


Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.  Liberally sprinkle the onion soup mix over both sides of the pork chops.  Fry the pork chops in hot oil until the pork is no longer pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side.  Remove the chops from skillet and set aside.  Pour the white wine in the pan and mushrooms; bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits off the bottom. Reduce heat to low and stir in heavy cream, garlic powder and black pepper.  Gently lay the pork chops in the pan,  spooning some sauce over each chop.  Cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Love this! I didn't have heavy cream, so used cream cheese instead. It really is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this for our dinner this evening. My husband and I loved it!

    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you both enjoyed!

      Delete
    2. I made this tonight. Layla.... GENIUS!!! It was absolutely wonderful. thank you

      Delete