Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Enchilada Bake

Enchilada Bake
This recipe is from Linda and I made it exactly how she wrote it.  The Hubs liked and said "this is low carb?"  Not bad of a review for an enchilada bake with no tortillas!  The Boy took some leftovers to school with him the next day, which is always a good review for him.  All in all, this is a keeper.  It didn't wow me but it was a very good substitute when you are missing a traditional enchilada casserole.  I'll make this one again when I'm in the mood for enchiladas.

4 STARS
8 servings
4 net carbs per serving



Seasoning for Tacos:
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch cayenne  




Crust:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon Seasoning for Tacos
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded



Beat or whisk the cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Add the seasoning; mix well. Stir in the cheese; mix well. Grease a 9 x 13" baking dish; spread the cheese mixture evenly over the bottom. Bake at 350ยบ, 35 minutes or until browned, but not too dark. Let stand 5-10 minutes before adding the topping.


Topping:
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon Seasoning for Tacos
8 1/2 ounce jar enchilada sauce
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded



Brown the hamburger; drain fat. Stir in the seasoning, enchilada sauce and chiles. Spread over the crust. Top with the cheese. Bake another 20 minutes or so until hot and bubbly. Serve with the toppings of your choice (add additional carbs).  

12 comments:

  1. Do you have the nutritional info?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon! I only track net carbs and have them listed as 4 net carbs per serving (this makes 8 servings). Please keep in mind that the brand of enchilada sauce, etc you use may make your net carb counts vary slightly. If you would like to track any other nutritional info or get an exact carb count for your specific brands of products, you can input into fatsecret.com.

      Delete
  2. I just made this and I thought it was very good. I added green onion and olives to the meat too. Next time I think I'm going to try it with chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! Chicken sounds excellent.

      Delete
  3. Layla, I've made this before and it was so good! Pinned it on pinterest and had so many repins! I am using the crust for pizza today. I think it's going to be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza is very good with this crust! I couldn't even tell the difference. The pizza is fab so I can't wait to try this!

      Delete
  4. Layla,
    THe recipe was delicious. I have tried some low carb recipes before that just didn't taste ss good. THANKS for sharing I can't wait to try more of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Layla,
    THe recipe was delicious. I have tried some low carb recipes before that just didn't taste ss good. THANKS for sharing I can't wait to try more of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Layla,
    THe recipe was delicious. I have tried some low carb recipes before that just didn't taste ss good. THANKS for sharing I can't wait to try more of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is going to save on this new life style thank you!

    ReplyDelete