Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, May 14, 2012

Peaches and Cream Popsicle

Peaches and Cream Popsicle
OH MY WORD!  These really hit the spot on a warm day.  Talk about refreshing, creamy, smooth and yummy!  I always have my carb-etarian Hubs taste my recipes and when he tasted this one, he straight stole my popsicle!  I had to go back in the house to get a new one for myself.  Obviously he loved it.  The 2 year olds review is "Mommy ice cream is so goooood!" (while rubbing tummy).  I will be making these very often.  I have some sugar free raspberry Torani  so next batch will be raspberries and cream.  Yum!  Make them with whatever sugar free syrup you can find or already have.  I think fruit flavors would be best but I'm betting caramel, chocolate, etc would be awesome too.  MAKE THIS!!!  oh and *INDUCTION FRIENDLY* (just watch your sweeteners intake for the day since this has quite a bit)

5 STARS
4 servings
2 net carbs per servings

1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar free peach syrup (or whatever flavor you would like)
(Different popsicle molds make different size and amounts of popsicles so you may need to adjust these amount to fit your mold)

Whisk the heavy cream and sugar free syrup together in a bowl.  Pour the mixture into your popsicle mold (I got mine at 99 Cent Only store).  Put in the freezer for at least 4 hours, overnight preferred.  Run warm water over mold to loosen popsicle from mold.  Eat!

4 comments:

  1. I bet Root Beer flavored Torani syrup would be fabulous! Root Beer Float popsicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhhh, I love it! I'm about due for another run to Cost Plus World Market to stock up on syrups. I may just have to get the root beer flavor.

      Delete
  2. I know its been a while since this was posted, but I just wanted to thank you for this idea. I'm up to ten different flavors of syrups now since I started making these a few weeks ago...doesn't help that the syrups are on sale for $5 at World Market this week, lol.

    Been experimenting a ton, but by far my top three flavors:
    - SF Almond Roca, substituting out some of the cream for coffee
    - SF Coconut with a bit of shredded unsweetened coconut in the mix
    - SF Smores...absolute favorite so far! :)

    ReplyDelete