Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Friday, May 4, 2012

Salt and Vinegar Wings

Salt and Vinegar Wings
I'm slightly obsessed with the salt and vinegar wings from the deli bar of my local grocery store.  They tend to be my go-to item when I'm not in the mood to cook.  I knew I had to break the habit so I found THIS recipe from Hot Sauce Daily.  I took Hot Sauce's advice and halved the seasoning salt but it was still WAY too salty. I wrote it below without any seasoning salt at all and even halved the creole seasoning.  Also, I'm sure baking then deep frying makes for an excellent wing but I just didn't want to go through all that trouble so I baked them like I do all my other wings. *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
2 servings
trace net carbs

20 wings & drums
1 TBSP creole seasoning
4 TBSP white distilled vinegar
2 tsp white table salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Season wings with creole seasoning.  Place parchment paper down onto baking sheet and place wings/drums in single layer.  Bake 50-60 minutes until crispy.  In a separate bowl mix the vinegar and table salt together.  Once wings/drums are crisp, toss in vinegar mixture.

11 comments:

  1. I tried this recipe for dinner tonight and it was a hit! I'm constantly trying to find recipes that keep the entire family happy (my 5 year old son is allergic to wheat, dairy, eggs, and pretty much all things yummy; and my husband tends to be a bit picky). This was easy, delicious, and everyone could eat it!

    Instead of following the recipe exactly, I cooked the wings until almost done, then gave them a vinegar & salt bath. I finished baking and tossed them in the vinegar mixture once more before serving. SO YUMMY!

    Can't wait to try out more of your recipes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, So glad you and your family liked the recipe!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that I happened upon your blog.....thanks for posting and sharing!!! Looking forward to trying out your reciepes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Anon! I hope you enjoy the recipes!

      Delete
  3. My sister-in-law made these for us last night and they were amazing!!! Definitely a new family favorite....we are trying to come up with reasons to make them again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked them! Someone else has suggested to me that they are even better as a double bath, where you pull them out 15 minutes early, bathe in vinegar, put back in the oven, then bathe again! You might need to make these again just to try the double bath method! LOL

      Delete
  4. omg..............I can't wait to try these. I too became obsessed with the store deli wings. Then I had them in a restaruarnt and went nuts over them. Unfortunately, the restaurant is out of state and there is nothing remotely close nearby except for the deli. Thank you for the recipe! I just bought 8 lbs of wings. I hope it's enough! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had this tonight and it was yummy!! Will have it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never used creole seasoning. Is it spicy?

    ReplyDelete