Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, August 6, 2012

Vanilla Coconut Iced Latte

Vanilla Coconut Iced Latte
Oh my this was good!  I'm out of most of my DaVinci Sugar Free Syrups so I started rummaging through my kitchen and decided that extracts might work.  Wow oh wow did they work!  Feel free to mix and match whatever extracts you have available and sound good in a latte.  I thought the vanilla and coconut tasted amazing together.  I sucked this bad boy down in about 10 minutes because it was just THAT good.  The amounts in the recipe fit my 24 ounce cup perfectly so adjust the amounts if you have a different size cup.

5 STARS
1 serving
4.5 net carbs per serving

12 oz pre-brewed coffee, chilled in fridge if you have time
1/4 c heavy cream
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coconut extract
3 packets Splenda granular
ice


Pour coffee over a glass full of ice (you can use less ice if your coffee is cooled).  Add remaining ingredients and stir.  If you'd like it more like a blended frapp, then you can throw it all in your blender with extra ice.  Yum!




7 comments:

  1. This sounds AWESOME, but I think I will try some type of chocolate with the coconut for a kinda AlmondJoy-ish flavor. The Iced Mocha-add coconut- was my fave drink from the coffee joint. Ya think making enough to put in a pitcher would be overkill? ;-]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate Coconut has been on my to-do list as well. They do make a chocolate extract, or you could add a TBSP of unsweetened cocoa powder or DaVinci Sugar Free chocolate syrup. Yum!

      Delete
  2. drinking this as I'm typing... (sigh), bliss!! =) I add chocolate to just about anything, so I added a little DaVinvi Sugar free chocolate to it... (sigh) I'm going to go spend some time with my Latte now... thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with chocolate! I'm glad you are enjoying.

      Delete
  3. Love your blog,,, I just ordered some sugar free syrups. Should I change the amounts to Tbsp as I will be using the syrup in place of the extracts? Thanks so much! Can't wait to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, the sugar free syrups are sweetened so you might need to tweak the amount of additional sweetener that you use as well as the amount of flavoring. I also have multiple drink recipes that use the syrups if you'd like some other flavor ideas. Just click the Drink tag on the right of the page. I think all of them but this one use the syrups.

      Delete
  4. For added coconut flavor try using whole coconut milk, coconut extract and stevia. Splenda is known to spike glucose..�� just a suggestion��

    ReplyDelete