Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, September 17, 2012

Bell Pepper Rings filled with Eggs and Mozzarella

Bell Pepper Rings filled with Eggs and Mozzarella
Another meal in the series of Atkins.com meal suggestions!  As a bit of an experiment I used the Atkins.com Customize-able Meal Planner and have been following it as closely as possible for my meals during the last week.  You can see my entire week of planned Induction meals HERE.

I'm a bit unsure as to how to review this recipe.  I mean, the flavor of red bell pepper along with the egg and cheese were fabulous.  However, these were a pain in the you-know-what to cook where the eggs were cooked through.  The bottoms burnt because I had to cook them so long to get the tops of the eggs cooked and not clear/slimy.  Next time I will chop up the red bell pepper, saute a bit to soften then mix together with eggs as a bell pepper scramble.  If you don't like scrambled eggs then I would saute chopped bell peppers, place on a plate and then top with eggs cooked to your liking. *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

3 STARS
1 serving
5.1 net carbs per serving

1/2 medium bell pepper
2 large eggs
1 tsp canola oil
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Cut bell pepper in half across the middle, then cut two 1-inch rings.  Remove seeds and ribs.  Place rings in saute pan with oil over medium-high heat.  Place an egg in each ring and cook until desired doneness (do not flip).  Top eggs with cheese and cover pan and cook 1 more minute until cheese has melted.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.

2 comments: