Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sauteed Mushrooms

Sauteed Mushrooms
I LOVE mushrooms.  However, my family doesn't so I don't make them very often.  Tonight I made them a carb-y side dish and made some yummy sauteed mushrooms just for myself.  They were easy to prepare and were very flavorful.  I think I ate more than one serving.  Shhhh.....don't tell.  I think I need to make them more often!

5 STARS
4 servings
3 net carbs per serving

2 TBSP butter
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
1/8 tsp seasoned salt (check labels as some brands add sugar)
1/2 tsp dried parsley
fresh pepper to taste

Melt butter over medium heat in a large saute pan.  Add all other ingredients and saute for 10-15 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked to your desired tenderness.  Serve immediately as mushrooms generally do not re-heat well.


10 comments:

  1. Personally i don't care for mushrooms, but my kids love them. We always order it them on only half the pizza haha. Thanks for the recipe, i'll have to try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im new to Aktins, how do i save this recipe ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, you can bookmark the page, e-mail it to yourself, print it or Pin It if you use Pinterest. Directly above the comments section are little buttons that look like an envelope, pencil, M, B, T, F, G, etc. Those are all ways to save if you hover your cursor over each one, it will tell you what they mean and you can choose the way that works best for you. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Well, your sautéed mushrooms look really sumptuous! I understand why you were able to eat more than one serving. ;) Don’t worry, though, mushrooms have good effects on the body. For one, it can decrease cholesterol levels and provide better skin complexion.

    Mack Shepperson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mushrooms 💜 So glad you commented. I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and wondered if mushrooms were ok for me rto eat. Thank You

      Delete
  4. I'm not a big mushroom person, but I decided to give these a try and LOVED them!! They were fantastic! I took some leftovers to work the next day and had co-workers asking for samples-they loved them too!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look good. I don't like button, i think they are also known as brown mushrooms. Is this what you used? I think I will try this with portobellas since I like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are button mushrooms but I have also made with portobellas! They are even better!

      Delete